Defined Benefit Pension Transfer Values Have Fallen

Downward Arrow

Some clients have gone to their Defined Benefit pension providers and obtained a transfer value, and they are concerned that their transfer values have gone down. They have erroneously come to the false conclusion that they have “lost money” and to put their minds at rest I have taken some time investigating so that I…

Read More

Retirement nest egg

A couple considering Retirement nest egg

Half of over 50s regret not saving into their pension sooner The days of working for a single employer for your entire career and retiring with a comfortable pension are largely gone. The responsibility for accumulating a retirement nest egg now rests with individuals as opposed to their employers. Saving enough for retirement is challenging…

Read More

Discussing inheritance with your heirs

A father and son discussing inheritance

More than half of UK adults haven’t discussed the subject. With wealth for millennials set to double in the next 20 years, it’s time to get over the awkwardness and have the conversation now. One of the main reasons why people don’t discuss their inheritance wishes is that they assume estate planning is not for…

Read More

Where there’s a Will there’s a Gen Zer

Gen Z finances

20% of 18-24-year-olds emerge as Will makers As many as a fifth (20%) of young Gen Z adults aged 18 to 24 say they have already made a Will[1]. Getting their affairs in order at such an early age compares favourably relative to the UK adult population overall, where just four in ten (40%) people…

Read More

How to cope with the rising cost of living

A couple considering cost of living increases

Nine in ten adults make stark spending decisions as anxiety runs high The pressure of spiralling living costs is a major concern among many UK households, with the vast majority looking to make significant lifestyle changes in response to price rises. According to new research[1], 95% of adults in the UK say they are worried…

Read More

Building an investment portfolio

A man considering how to create wealth

4 steps for future wealth creation in your mid-20s to mid-30s Investing can be challenging for anyone, but for those in their mid-20s to mid-30s, it can be especially daunting to build a portfolio – especially while paying off student loans, credit card debt and establishing some savings. The reality is that people should start…

Read More

Love and money

Couple discussing finances (1)

Couples reveal they’re poles apart Most couples hate talking about money and find it a hard subject to discuss. However, while it may not seem like the most romantic topic, if you don’t talk about what you each want from your finances and how to manage your money, it’s likely to result in more friction…

Read More

‘Home is my Pension’ generation

a couple reviewing their finances (1)

22% rise in people using property to support their retirement The significant increase in property prices in recent years has likely shifted many people’s expectations of the role property wealth will eventually play in supporting their retirement. With people spending longer in retirement, one of the challenges that many need to overcome is how to…

Read More

Protecting family wealth

Family considering inheritance tax

What will your legacy look like? Estate planning is about putting your affairs in order, to help make the lives of your loved ones easier. It can help to protect your estate for your beneficiaries and reduce the impact of Inheritance Tax (commonly called IHT for short). IHT is something many of us don’t know…

Read More

Private wealth

Two women in retirement

Millions struggle to understand their most important source of income in retirement Saving money for retirement is important because you’ll need a nest egg when you’re no longer working. The best way to guarantee an income when you’re in your golden years is to save and invest as much as you can now while you…

Read More